iTunes 9.1.1 update considerations

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dhlizard, Apr 27, 2010.

1. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you expect to use the userland (Spirit) jailbreak, you better stay clear. :rolleyes:

MuscleNerd tweets

Today's 9.1.1 iTunes is safe for PwnageTool&redsn0w. But those hoping to use userland JBs (like Spirit) should hold off.
    about 1 hour ago via web

In general, those using *any* userland JB should avoid iTunes updates, since iTunes can detect & remove it.
    about 1 hour ago via web

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thank you.
    Im staying with 9.1.0 then incase the "Spirit" JB is released down the road.

3. dhlizard thread starter macrumors G4

dhlizard

I went to 9.1 on Mac, but couldn't stand all the iPad whoop-de-doo crap, so I went back to 9.03 (I think that's the number, writing this on my PC) :p

I intend to stay there unless I am forced to upgrade for reasons currently unknown to me. :rolleyes:

4. Junkie2 macrumors member

if you upgrade, can you remove and install an order version?

5. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

is reading less appealing that posting Junkie? you posting addict:p

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

7. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

SAME, its nice know there is progress in the jailbreak. Did tweet anything else that was important.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to. Since I am on the jailbreak train, I'm not worried about the new version.

9. dhlizard thread starter macrumors G4

dhlizard

Silly the poster asked the question about reverting to older iTunes version immediately after the post I made saying I downgraded from iTunes 9.1 to iTunes 9.03. :rolleyes:

@pixelated picked up on it also.

Post #3
    Post #4

10. ChrisJSNh macrumors regular

I was thinking of posting to ask a question and it seems this thread that appeared to answer most of my questions.
    I hate upgrading my iphones and itunes until i am sure it is safe. And in my searches on the web i haven't seen where anyone has said itunes 9.x is safe to use with jb'ed iphones.

to lay it out: I have a 3g and a 3gs both jailbroken with blackrain. I am running Itunes 8.2. And they play very happily together. the only reason i jb'ed them is mainly tethering.

I will be receiving an Ipad 3g very soon, so i will need to upgrade Itunes to 9.x .

So is it safe to assume from the post , that as long as i don't have to do a restore on the iphones (ie re jailbreak) that itunes 9.1.1 will play nicely with my 3g and 3gs?

When i read this thread on the itunes deleting the userland jb, i figured i would just ask to make sure i am safe, otherwise i will need to set up another computer just to do the ipad, and that would be a pain on the play lists etc.

thanks

11. dhlizard thread starter macrumors G4

dhlizard

iTunes 9.1 doesn't work well with Blackra1n (so say the experts). There is a supposed fix (Blackbreeze) but I cannot vouch for it. Just info not personal experience.

12. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Chris, is your 3GS a tethered jailbreak or non?

13. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

14. ChrisJSNh macrumors regular

Hi dhlizard,
    Thanks. i think with your mention of blackra1n , i will just copy what i need over to my old netbook which has 8.2 that way i can re jail break if ever needed. and upgrade my main computer to 9.1.1 when i get my iPad. i was just dreading having to sync both music and apps on 2 separate computers.

thanks

Hi ngenerator,
    opps that was lame of me, i usually try to be specific. i should have mentioned the jb'ed iphones are "non tethered jail breaks". sorry about that.

15. idesign245 macrumors 6502

Can anyone post a link to a download for 9.0.3?

I can't seem to find one for macs anywhere... I stupidly updated yesterday thinking I was alright since I'm on iPhone 3.1.2

Things have gotten so complicated with jailbreaking (shsh blobs, ibss, etc) and I have no idea if I'm safe or not so I'd rather just downgrade to the previous itunes to be safe.