iTunes 9.1 Question with untethered jailbreak on 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MV ROB, Apr 1, 2010.

1. MV ROB macrumors member

I have an early edition 3G S running 3.1.2 and jailbroken through Blackra1n. I was wanting to update to 9.1 so I can start getting my iPad apps lined up and ready but I dont want to lose my jailbreak. Does this version affect Mac users?Any and all input is appreciated! Sorry if this is a repost but I searched but couldnt find my answer, all I read was with windows users and tethered jailbreaks.

Thanks!

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I have a similar setup, and my iPhone was unable to sync with 9.1. However, I was able to downgrade to 9.0.3 with no issues. Still jailbroken and unlocked, and now syncing again.

3. MV ROB thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. Not exactly what I was hoping to hear but oh well. I just got an iPad so I need to update. Anyone else have any feedback on this?!?! Can anyone on 9.1 sync on a Mac with a jailbroken (untethered) 3G S?! Thanks

4. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Is this just a problem with the 3GS? I have a 3G (blackra1n, 3.1.2, not unlocked) and just synced without a problem. Running OS X 10.6.3 if it matters.

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

I just downgraded my 3gS from 3.1.3 to Jailbroken 3.1.2 and synced my apps and ringtones with iTunes 9.1, no problem at all..

6. oren1 macrumors member

It should not affect Mac users, just don't forget to restart your computer after installing iTunes 9.1!

Only windows users with a tethered jailbreak (Blackra1n) are affected.

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

See my post above. Some mac users are affected.