iTunes 9.2 6% CPU while not playing, causes mouse stutters

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whitehexagon, Jun 18, 2010.

1. whitehexagon macrumors regular

whitehexagon

It's been driving me mad all day, but I only just discovered which app was causing my new MBP to suddenly start suffering mouse stutters. Turns out it was iTunes! Close iTunes and everything is smooth again! Open iTunes mouse stutters/locks every couple secs.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

Since updating, iTunes stutters music playback for me...

4. jglavin macrumors regular

I had problems in iTunes 9.2 syncing my iPod classic, looked on Apple KB and found several threads about it. Here's one.

It says "Verifying" for a couple of minutes, then freezes up and the task manager indicates it is not responding. The first 2 times I went through it I lost hope and force quit iTunes. That was when I looked online for help. Some suggested simply waiting longer, so I did that.

For me, it took about 5 minutes to come back. After that it resumed business as usual and synced up perfectly. Quite a strange bug.

Anyway, I went ahead and unplugged the iPod, let it restart and whatnot, then re-synced. The problem appears to only happen on the first sync. In case anyone was wondering.

5. whitehexagon thread starter macrumors regular

whitehexagon

So for a while I thought iTunes10 had fixed this. It turns out to be related to the use of external monitors! No external monitors and iTunes is fine, ie doesn't cause the mouse movements to stutter. As soon as I reconnect the external monitors (via dualhead2go dp) the stuttering returns. stop iTunes and everything is fine again. Frustrating!