iTunes 9.2 always centered in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Night Spring, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I just installed iTunes 9.2 in Windows 7, and instead of opening up in its last windows position, it opened up in the center of my screen. I moved it to where I wanted it, quit iTunes, restarted it, and it's centered again! I tried rebooting Windows, same thing. Anybody else having this problem? Anybody know of a fix? It's driving me nuts.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

So you're here on a Mac forum asking for help with Windows software on a Windows computer?

3. luhem181 macrumors newbie

Maybe its a feature of Windows 7 ;). You should be in one of those TV ads, this time "focus" as the new feature. It could go something like this...

"One day I was opening apps and they displayed all over the screen. I wished there would be a way that applications just displayed in the center. Windows 7 comes out, and now when I open itunes...BAMM! RIGHT IN THE CENTER. I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea"

4. Night Spring thread starter macrumors G5

Night Spring

iTunes is an Apple application, I'm pretty sure I'm in the right subforum for help on iTunes, but if I'm not, please do point out the correct subforum, thanks!

And all my other windows apps are behaving properly, iTunes itself was behaving properly until I updated to 9.2, so I think I'm justified in thinking the problem is something particular to iTunes.

5. pmpmpm macrumors newbie

I have the same problem since Ive updated to itunes 9.2 on win xp, so at least we know it has nothing to do with system, it's just new version of itunes.
    Since I work in high resolution and have itunes on one side of the screen and web browser on the either, it's really a pain in the ass to move it each time I open itunes. So anybody know some solution for that? It remembered last position for so many years, but now suddenly they changed it for worse? Why? Cant imagine somebody NOT wanting it where they put it last time.

btw this topic was the only discussion about this issue I could find on google.