Itunes 9.2 crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hoffman99, Jun 16, 2010.

1. hoffman99 macrumors member

hoffman99

Just downloaded iTunes 9.2 on my computer and works fine except when I try to sync my 160 Gig classic iPod. It will try to verify the user but crashes after that.

Anyone experience this? DOES ANTONE KNOW HOW TO UNINSTALL ITUNES 9.2 so and install the earlier version?

Please help, thanks

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

3. hoffman99 thread starter macrumors member

hoffman99

Yes, I am current with Snow Leopard. and Thank You

4. nubee macrumors member

Same thing happens to me.

I'm about to downgrade right now.

5. hoffman99 thread starter macrumors member

hoffman99

intalling itunes

ok I trashed iTunes 9.2 and downloaded iTunes 1.1. But when I relaunch iTunes I get this:

"The file iTunes Library cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes"

Can someone please help me with this? I really appreciate any help :)

6. Ann P macrumors 68020

Time to start over. I guess something went wrong in the process, maybe iTunes 9.2 wasn't removed completely. Before doing this, make sure you drag your personal iTunes Library collection out to the desktop as to save it. Download the application AppCleaner. Once its downloaded, open the app. and drag whatever version of iTunes to AppCleaner(remember to copy or save your iTunes library!). Click Uninstall.

Now, hoping everything was deleted correctly, try to re-install iTunes via the link I gave you. See how this works.

7. huntersj78 macrumors newbie

huntersj78

Re: 9.2 Crashing & Help

Hello my name is Stephen and I am new to the forum. I am having the same problem as hoffman99.

I was using iTunes 9.1 and everything was working fine. But I needed 9.2 to install the new iOS4 update on my iphone 3gs. The update worked well. Then when I tried to sync my phone iTunes starts crashing halfway through.

I finally isolated the problem to my 10 album blues collection (which I downloaded so it is probably my fault, but...) and when I stopped those albums from syncing everything was fine. I got curious so I reinstalled an older the older itunes, but had to also downgrade my iphone (not jailbroken) to 3.1.3 and the blues albums sync with no problem.

It seems that the new iOS4 firmware and the iTunes 9.2 stop downloaded music from being synced (so I thought) so I tried a different mp3 file downloaded from my own music server and it synced fine.

Now I am confused. Is there a bug or is Apple boycotting the blues? :(

8. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

I followed exactly what you said to do, Hunter. That didn't work at all. Looks like i'll just have to stick with 9.2 until they fix the bug. *sigh*