iTunes 9.2 not remembering view settings

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by m021478, Jul 13, 2010.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

Anyone have any idea why iTunes 9.2 doesn't seem to wan to remember my view settings for that I've configured for each of the various sections of iTunes (i.e. Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, etc.)?

If I switch to my Apps section, I've noticed that it consistently shows me my list of apps in 'List View' which I hate. If I switch it to Icon View, then go about normal use of iTunes for a while (browse other sections, perhaps sync my iDevice, perhaps quit the app and re-open later to listen to music, etc...), upon returning to the Apps section, it will once again show me my Apps in 'List View'.

This is just one example, but it would seem that all of the view settings across the board are simply not how I had previously set them up, and changing them to the way I would like them to be setup only works temporarily (as everything strangely gets switched back again in the near future).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

2. m021478 thread starter macrumors 6502

I tinkered around with this a bit more and found that changing the view settings for any section in iTunes subsequently maintains that view settings for all other sections of iTunes, which is not how it used to work in the past.

I used to be able to view my Apps in Icon View, then switch over to my Music and view that in List View... not the case anymore. It seems that if I set the view settings for my Apps to Icon view, then click over to the Music section, then my music also appears in Icon view. Switching my Music to List View, then clicking back over to my Apps section will result in my Apps appearing in List View.

Was this something that was changed in the latest version of iTunes? Is this how it's supposed to work? Is there a preference setting to change this?

Thanks!