iTunes 9.2 not synching Aperture 3.03 Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macbimmer, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Macbimmer macrumors newbie

Installed iTunes 9.2 and now get an error message at end of synch saying the iPhone can't synch because the file can't be found. The issue is limited to photos checked to synch from my Aperture 3.03 library. Those photos have been removed from the iPhone leaving only the photos taken on the iPhone and stored in the 'film roll'. All photos synched from Aperture were removed and won't reload. The Photo tab shows the Aperture app is checked and should synch.

I have repaired permissions and rebooted the iMac. Same issue continues after all this.

I hope Apple or someone can offer a solution?

2. Macbimmer thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

I fixed this issue and am posting for others.

1 - Open iTunes and turn off the synch for pictures with iPhone attached. This should remove photos from iPhone.
    2 - Unmount iPhone and quit iTunes
    3 - Open Aperture while holding down the Option and Command Keys. This will offer you the opportunity to rebuild the photo library database. Do so.
    4 - After database is rebuilt and Aperture opens, close it down.
    5 - Open Finder and locate Aperture Library.
    6 - Right click on Aperture Library and click on Show Package Contents
    7 - Drag the iPod Photo Cache out of Aperture to Desktop
    8 - Resynch iPhone with iTunes. When complete, click on Photos tab and reinstall photos

That's it. The iPod Photo Cache on desktop can be deleted as it's now rebuilt and back in it's correct place inside Aperture.