Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
I couldn't find a solution that worked either, but since my playlist doesn't change that often I just made a new normal playlist and dragged all of the songs from my smart playlist into it, and the new one synced.

cammonro

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2008
Media Kind causes trouble

Unfortunately unchecking Live Update did not work for me but one thing I did notice is that some of my smart playlists we're not showing in my sync menu because I was saying "Media Kind *is not* Movie". Apparently *is not* anything doesn't work. Changing this to "Media Kind *is* Music" made my playlists appear in the sync menu. Go figure. Maybe this will help some other frustrated user out there...

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Yeah it was fixed in the most recent iTunes update. I updated with software update and confirmed that it did fix the problem.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Just noticed this myself.

"Recently added' no longer works at all on my iPhone: I get a random selection of NON-recent songs. Maybe it's using the date the songs were copied to the phone, rather than the date from iTunes. A definite bug, but unchecking Live Updating was a helpful tip.

Yep, same problem here... had to uncheck live updating for the playlist to appear on my iPhone even though it would copy all the songs from this list over... the playlist wouldn't show up.

Haruchai

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
(Posting something only because this was one of the top hits from Google when I ran into a similar problem.)

I created a Smart Playlist of just podcasts which would not appear on my iPhone. I tried unchecking "Live Updating" but that didn't work. What did work for me was the following:
  • Click on the device in the left column
  • Click on "Podcasts" for the device on the horizontal menu
  • Scroll down and check the box for including all podcasts from that playlist
Now the playlist appears on my iPhone, etc. I suspect that similar things can be done for folks that have created movie-only smart playlists and the like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.