iTunes 9: Crashtastic!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by racer1441, Sep 10, 2009.

1. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Well, bit the bullet and went to itunes 9 when my 5g nano showed up......big big mistake.

It's killing me. Looking to see if anyone has some ideas.

Basically, I can sync my music, podcasts, images, no problem. I click the movies button, and the whole thing messes on itself then dies. Tried manual sync, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, ect.

It's my media box. Only PC i have left. Runs XP, worked great with iTunes 8.x with the iphone, touches, ect, but this is just driving me up the wall!

Anyone with some ideas?

2. womble2k2 macrumors regular

I've had iTunes 9 for OS X crash 4 times so far. I've never had an iTunes crash on OS X before.

The link supplied is for Windoze Xtra Pain.

Phil

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I've had iTunes 9 crash numerous times on both my early 2008 macbook and new mac mini, both with Snow Leopard.

4. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

No crashes yet for me. I have 3 different libraries an three different macs and no problems so far. 100GB library on an iMac with Leopard, 70 GB library on a mini with Leopard, and a Macbook with Snow Leopard with a small library. I tried using most features on each and it's been smooth so far.

5. macsarethebest macrumors regular

no crashes for me either. I'm still on leopard, and it's worked fine on my macbook and my ancient imac. I LOVE home sharing! finally a fix for one library on multi computers! :D

6. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

no crashes for me.

in fact my macbook is crash-free since may 8, 2008

(ohhh wait, that's when i bought it!:D)

i'm surprise that itunes 9 is crashing ur mac.

7. austinwen macrumors newbie

Itunes Crashes

Same here.

I had clean installed Snow Leopard on MBP 13", and then upgraded to iTunes 9. Ever since that, I've been experiencing iTunes 9 crashes every once in while I click the tabs in iTunes store.

Any idea?

8. racer1441 thread starter macrumors 68000

It's been behaving better since i turned off the new library sharing stuff.

Go figure.

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

haven't had one crash, been running it since wednesday.

11. racer1441 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hardwired Gig. all around.

12. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Snow leopard and iTunes 9 crashes -- Like Peas and Carrots.

13. Cyburnclassic macrumors member

Probably gonna wait til iTunes 9.0.1 comes which should fix the bugs hopefully.

14. Elgabacho macrumors newbie

Sloppy work

I having problems with iTunes 9. I upgraded on my iMac running snow leopard and had problems with the itunes store. It says I need safari 4.0.3 or later for it to work. I have safari 4.0.3. After it says that itunes freezes and the computer runs really slow which I have to power down to fix.

15. mrcc macrumors regular

Windows Vista itunes 9 Crashed only once. it was syncing forever lmao i only removed one app that was it. but no problems at all

16. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Crashed on OSX 10.6. One of my purchases didn't download, isn't showing up in available downloads, and is shown as purchased in my account history. WTF.

Calling Apple about this tomorrow. This is BS that it won't let me download something I purchased without rebuying it.

EDIT: I found that it downloaded it, but never added it to the library. Way to fail Apple with 9.0. Slow, buggy, and crashtastic!

17. MacCheetah3 macrumors 6502

Hi
    I can get it to crash on 10.6.1 and copying ~3 iTunes / App Store links but it doesn't seems to happen with the x64 iTunes and my x64 Vista machine at work.

From what I've heard, it seems to be involved with the new iTunes / App Store.

18. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

:mad: I've been using iTunes since 1.0 and this is the first time I've had it crash. No matter what I play, it crashes. In the store, playing music, etc. Aghhh. On my G4 quicksilver I run 1.0 and on my PB G4 is where my problem lays. :(

19. mac2x macrumors 65816

Hi! New poster, long time reader here. :)

I've had absolutely no trouble with iTunes 9; in fact I like it a lot better than the old version, particularly the new iTunes Store. I downloaded 3 podcasts last night with no issues. I'm using OS 10.5.8 FWIW.

20. slashlos macrumors member

slashlos

iTunes 9.1.1 (12) frequent crashes

Just coming onto this thread; mostly I think during movie playback of titles I own via HB I play in background; so I use VLC until this issue gets resolved.