iTunes 9 doesnt work with (my) video podcasts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by james6000, Sep 10, 2009.

1. james6000 macrumors member

james6000

Since downloading the new iTunes yesterday, I can't seem to get the video window to pop up whenever I watch a video podcast, which is how it used to work. Does anyone know if apple have changed the default settings? Or how I can sort this problem out?

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Mine works fine.

Are you sure it's not just popping under your iTunes window? Also, there are settings to force video playback into the album artwork or iTunes' main window. I believe the settings for "Movies and TV Shows" under Playback in iTunes preferences, controls video podcasts.

Attached Files:

3. james6000 thread starter macrumors member

james6000

I checked for all the windows. Also, when I click on the artwork, all it shows it the artwork, no video. Annoying!

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

What happens when you highlight a video podcast and press the Play button on the iTunes controller? Does the sound play? Are you sure your video podcast is actually there (and it's not displaying a "!" sign)?

5. james6000 thread starter macrumors member

james6000

Yes, audio plays as normal and I'm sure its a video file. No '!'. Just tested the file out by finding it in finder and it played fine via VLC.

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Have you updated to the latest QuickTime? Also, I would trash my iTunes preference file and start over.

7. james6000 thread starter macrumors member

james6000

I don't know what was wrong, but I've fixed it now. I went back to basics and restarted iTunes :p! Sometimes, its the simplest solutions that do it I guess!

Thanks so much for your help though