iTunes 9 has been a disaster

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Robby Dobby, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Robby Dobby macrumors newbie

1) I have hundreds of multiple cd albums, i.e. the Beatles White Album, 2 cds. The playlist now puts both song 1's at the top, folllowed by the two song 2's, then the two song 3's, etc., even though the music is encoded disc 1 of 2 and disc 2 of 2. Big screw up.
    2) The artwork is now gone for multiple cd's.
    3) What happened to the Shopping Cart? I had lots of stuff in there I'd kept adding over time as I remember I want something, but didn't have the money just yet. Now the Shopping Cart is gone? What's up with that?
    4) The music I'd purchased thru the iTunes store was not authorized to play on this computer, even tho it's the same computer I bought them on. I finally went to Store/Authorize Computer which seems to have solved this, but even then I got the message "This computer is already authorized..."
    5) There is now a white background which I can't stand. I know it's personal aesthetics, but to me it's a real step backwards.

I used my Time Machine and went back to iTunes 8.2.1 as fast as possible.

2. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

the shopping cart is called wishlist now, all your saved stuff is in there now....relax

how is personal aesthetics a step backwards?:rolleyes:

3. Robby Dobby thread starter macrumors newbie

the Wish list didn't have any of my old stuff.

4. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yep..I hate it...Vote here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=783212

5. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

My tracks with multiple CDs are showing up fine. Your ID3 tags may be messed.

I do agree, the black background was way nicer for album cover display, but....i never used it anyway.

6. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I noticed when I first started iTunes 9, my 2CD albums were also listed as 1,1,2,2 etc. If I then go to sort by artist, it fixes it correctly.

7. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Didn't have any problems with this. Everything worked the way it used to. All my multiple disks are all in order just like they used to be. Not sure what you did wrong there.

Again, nothing happened to my stuff. All the artwork is there for me. Dunno what to tell you.

8. assscat macrumors regular

This seems to be the case only when sorted by 'album by year' – which is how I sort in iTunes, so that's very annoying. A bug to be fixed in 9.0.1 methinks (hopes!).