iTunes 9 keeps showing wrong size of apps installed on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jmpage2, Sep 20, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Has anyone else experienced this problem? When I initially synch my iPhone 3.1 3GS it will show that I have 3.64 GB of Applications installed even though in reality I only have about 1.8GB of Apps installed.

If I add or remove an application then iTunes will show the correct size of installed apps, until the next time I resynch with iTunes or restart my phone.

What is up with this? I recently upgraded my Navigon version to 1.2 and I'm suspicious that somehow it is installed twice or the iPhone thinks it is installed twice.

I would prefer not to have to uninstall the application from my phone and lose all of my settings as I have programmed tons of stuff into Navigon.

Is this some kind of known bug? Any other way to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

it might be the data associated with the app it self on the iPhone the stuff that doesn't get synced over... like the maps and additional downloads for the Navigon

3. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

The total size of the Navigon app is about 1.4GB and everything is installed on the phone. Since the iPhone doesn't provide a list of what is taking up the 3.64GB that it sometimes shows as being in use, it is hard to say if it's Navigon causing this discrepancy or not, but it is the only application I have that is large enough to explain it.

I think that it is possible that Navigon is somehow installed incorrectly, but I don't know of any way to troubleshoot it short of uninstalling and then reinstalling which will wipe out all of my user data.

4. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I will try to show a screen shot of this next time I reboot the device.