iTunes 9: Removal of 'Shopping Cart'?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cathode, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

Hello!

I had a couple CDs in my shopping cart before upgrading to iTunes 9 this morning. Not only is the shopping cart no where to be found but the option to re-enable it in iTunes' preferences is also no longer available. I hope they didn't completely remove it. I would much rather make large purchases at once rather than click-to-buy every time.

Example:
    [​IMG]

2. navjot macrumors newbie

Hi
    The shopping cart is still there. It is called Wish List now. Should be on the store homepage.
    Click on the arrow to the right of the buy button and you can save stuff to your wish list.

3. Cathode thread starter macrumors regular

Cathode

Found it, thank you Navjot.

I wonder what inspired them to change that... :rolleyes:

4. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

5. Aeryn macrumors member

Calling it a "Wishlist" seems a bit misleading. I have a hacked wishlist via a playlist because I don't buy everything I want the second I want it and don't want to be sifting through the cart every time I finally purchase something.

A wishlist should operate independently from a shopping cart, no?

6. Aeryn macrumors member

:rolleyes:

How is that any different than the functioning of the dearly departed Shopping Cart?

7. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I guess the difference with the wish list is the fact it can be saved as it is and sent to other so they can see what to get you.

8. Aeryn macrumors member

Really? I'm not seeing that, where are you looking?

9. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Or so they could make it relatively more difficult to use the wishlist as opposed to buying one-click. Or even to confuzzle people who use a shopping cart into buying instead of adding to cart (although one would hope people would figure that out pretty quickly).

I don't really care what it's called, but I much preferred the option to wishlist/cart something with one button, not a right click/drop down.