iTunes 9 : Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bodie, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Bodie macrumors member

I'm on a 2 Ghz Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.

To me it is sluggish and awkward. iTunes 8 on Leopard was much better. I'm sorry Steve Jobs. But I don't see things getting better here. I see them getting bloated. At this point I could not say "It just works".:(

So it's back to Leopard and iTunes 8. Fortunately I kept my primary hard drive that way and have only tried Snow Leopard and iTunes 9 on my secondary drive.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The thing continues to get bloated. Thank God for UB/Language trimming apps. I've actually found encoding to be significantly faster and the added kbps options are welcome. Also like the new layout of the store.

Everything else...dont care/dont use

3. OriginalFormula macrumors regular

I can't multitask Safari, iChat, iTunes, Maple, and DVD player like I used to. But that's to be expected on an older (2.0 Core Duo, Leopard) computer. Still though, the featureset is nice. I might have to give that language trimming a try.

4. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

iTunes 9 I don't mind, there are some nice new features however the update on the iTunes store I HATE...

I hate the layout, I hate how it looks, I hate how it feels to use and the overall UI is horrid it seems to unlearn the familiarities of the old store. To me it seems as though it's a massive downgrade and has an air of "unfinished" or "the designers could be bothered" about it.

5. andymodem macrumors 6502a

I like it myself and feel that the Windows version is much nicer then previous versions.

6. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

I have a 1.83 GHz C2D Mini, and I think video playback is a lot better than iTunes 8. It looks prettier, but a full version number? I think it would have sufficed to have just another 0.1+ increase.

On the positive side, I am happy that I can finally hide the Applications sub-menu, which is nice since I own neither an iPhone or iPod Touch.