iTunes. 90% of my MP3s jump after playing 1sec.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by silvarbullet1, Sep 26, 2009.

1. silvarbullet1 macrumors newbie

Mac Mini 1.83/2GB/BT/AP/80GB OSX10.6.1
    iTunes 9.0.1 (9) [Also in Songbird, but forget that for now...]

So, 90% ish of my MP3s are having this problem.
    When I double click a track in iTunes, it plays 1-5 seconds, then jams/freezes/jumps/skips/hops/cartwheels or whatever, then continues.... It does this when I double click a track to play, when it is playing through the library, through an album, a playlist, whatever... Almost every time it moves onto the next track, it does this.

It does it with songs I have ripped from CD. With iTunes downloads. With Amazon MP3 downloads.

All I ever have open is FF3 and my iTunes, so it's hardly an over-taxed system.

All files are played from a LaCie Firewire/USB HDD.

Please Help :)

2. appledyl macrumors regular

appledyl

what is your hard drive speed, amount of ram? What's the difference between the songs that don't jump and do jump?

3. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

could be that your hard drive is on its way out. If i were you, i would back them all up on DVD/CD as a precaution. I always check physical first, however, there might be something setup to only play a few seconds of each track.

4. jon08 macrumors 68000

Do you happen to use GimmeSomeTune? I use it and have noticed the above-mentioned problem too, but I believe it's only due to the app's partial incompatibility with Leopard...

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Actually, it happens to me on Tiger as well, and happens because GST is adding lyrics to the song. If you are indeed using it, it's likely that the songs it skips already have lyrics.