iTunes account (credit card declined)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Frenchjay, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

For the last few days my iTunes account will not accept my card details even though it has money in it, all details are correct!

I have been to apple id and checked all my info and emailed support and asked why this is happening. It looks like this is happening to alot of people.

Is anyone else having this issue and know how to resolve it?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've had this issue before and it was iTunes not me. I tried 4 cards and eventually gave up for a day or two. It worked later. I don't get it, but that was the case.

3. Frenchjay thread starter macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

There is a few threads on the apple forums about this and I don't have a solution from the tips given there. I have to set my details to no card just to get free apps. I checked my bank and all is fine at that end and apple seems to be not too interested in resolving this quickly.

I used my girlfriends card the other day to purchase an app with her permission and then I went to put my own details back in and its stuck in a loop!

4. DiggDug macrumors newbie

5. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yeah this is a big issue. Apple forums are full of people with the same issue. I am another. It seems something to do with IP address, seeing as i created a whole new account with a new credit card, and STILL i am getting declined! Extremely frustrating! I want to play Angry Birds on my new iPhone 4!!! :)

6. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I am having the same issue and Apple has been no help at all. It happened last week and I emailed them and got some stupid "We thank you for your patience" e-mail and when I asked how much longer they said "within the next 5 days" because the fraud department is looking into it. I am trying to buy a $0.99 app and I have $3000 available credit. How can I be scamming them?

I can't even update my apps or download free ones. Its been 7 days and I've got nothing back from Apple and all my credit cards are being declined. This is so frustrating!

7. carlyladida macrumors newbie

carlyladida

I can't believe that I am having this same problem and the last post on here was in 2007! It's 2016! Has anyone ever gotten to the bottom of this issue or any type of resolution? My card is good...i use it in the "Wallet" App for Apple Pay for goodness sake! But they wont accept it for my account with them? Doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?

8. chscag macrumors 68000

Actually the last post was Sep 2010. :rolleyes: But to answer your question, it's simply an on going problem. Try again later.

9. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Best bet is to make sure everything (address, phone number, etc.) matches up everywhere i.e. Apple ID .com, your bank website, iTunes store. Usually it's just one of those things not matching up and iTunes freaking out about it.