iTunes Account De-Authorization

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AirborneAngel, Sep 9, 2007.

1. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

Alright, I have 5 authorized computers already (some more than once after reformats). So in order to authorize my new MacBook in iTunes to play purchased items I used the de authorize All Accounts option from account options in iTunes, after doing so although it said 0 computers authorized, I could still play purchased music from all of my previously authorized machines (which are now supposed to be deauth'd) what should I do!?! I just don't want all of my purchased items to go down the drain somehow...

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I think you'll be alright. The other computers will be asked to re-authorize eventually (they probably haven't connected to iTS recently, so they still "think" they're authorized).

As long as you have 5 or fewer computers, you're OK.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

If you want to play protected AAC files on the de-authorized computers you will have to select authorize again. and then it will ive you say 2 authorized computers.

4. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

Wow I didn't realise there was the option to do this. I've tried to find the 'De-Authorise All' option but have failed so far! Could someone help me out? I've reached 5 even though I only have 2 live machines and could really do with resetting.

Thanks!

5. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

6. Mac In School macrumors 65816

LOL. I've made the exact same mistake. Never again!