iTunes account location

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macbroadcast, Apr 8, 2015.

1. macbroadcast macrumors member

Hello,

I've made a US itunes account to be able to get certain apps. However, if I want to purchase, I need a US gift card. But my only concern is how does the billing work and where does the billing address go? To my paypal account (set in Australia) or the random US location on my itunes account?

Thanks

2. macbroadcast thread starter macrumors member

3. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

The billing address under payment information (in the iTunes account) is used for payment. Did you put in a American address in there?

Have you considered a iTunes gift card? I think they allow for apps. You would need to buy the US version from eBay (or similar) though.

4. macbroadcast thread starter macrumors member

Im going to buy a US gift card from here(which I'll use my Australian paypal details):http://itunesdirect.com.au/

I set up a US itunes account to get access to HBO NOW and the monthly subscirbtion, however, Im concerned how the payment is being made. How does it all work? The billing address on the US itunes account is set to some random location so I could set this up. Please help. Thanks

5. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

As long as there is enough credit on the account available for each transaction (you cannot do partial transactions) then the app/music/etc will be bought. Since you are not using a credit card, then they will not check the stored address.

This is assuming that the gift card can be used for apps. I once got a iTunes gift card but it was only for music. They likely have a universal one by now, but make sure it will work for what you need.