iTunes account on multiple iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Chuchichan, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

I am a bit confused about whether or not I can use my iTunes Store account on multiple iPhones. It seems like I can, as I was prompted to confirm my credit card information when I tried to sync the second iPhone with my exisiting (same) iTunes account.

However, I haven't tested this yet, but what happens if I try to purchase and install the same application that I have already purchased for another iPhone. Would I be charged again if I try to put it on a second or even third device (iPhone, iPod Touch, etc.)? So far I've just installed free apps.

Secondly, can I also sync a second iTunes Store account on the same iPhone. I currently have a US iTunes Store account, but I'd like to also download apps from the Japan iTunes store. Just wondering how to do this as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

You can:

Download apps purchased again for free if you are signed into the right account, onto as many iOS devices as you want. You can only backup those apps if you have authorised the computer you are syncing with.

Your iPhone can be authorised to play content from up to 5 accounts (I have a few accounts of my own, plus friends).