Itunes account opening problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gadgetholik, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Gadgetholik macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,i am a bit new to the fascinating world of apple and am about to open my itunes account but i was completely shocked and terrified to see that after you enter your name address and phone number etc. in the itunes account opening form apple asks you to enter your credit card's CVB number which is literally giving apple the key to all your money,i mean everytime i previously used my credit card elsewhere i was always asked to punch all my details each time i made a purchase,but apple is asking for the CVB number in the very beginning and this is something i don't understand.Anyway since i am buying the iphone,as a concerned person i would ask that is it safe to give apple your CVB number,i mean has anyone heard of apple misusing a person's credit card details.

2. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

That is normal. They ask for your credit card information so that when you buy songs, apps, videos, etc, you dont have to keep putting them in. I am pretty sure nobody has had a problem; my entire family hasn't. If you don't want to put your CC in, go to the app store part of the apple store and try to buy a free app. When you make your purchase, it'll ask for an account or to make one. If you make on from here, you have the option of using no payment device. Even if they mischarge it, you can contact apple support and they should help you.

3. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

also, you can buy an itunes card and use that.