Resolved iTunes account problems?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nermal, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Is anyone else having trouble with their iTunes account at the moment? I just tried to log in and it says that my account is disabled and gives me two recovery options, email and security questions. The email never arrived and the security question method asks for my date of birth then says that it's incorrect. I'm hoping that this is a temporary issue, so has anyone else run into this in the last couple of days?

2. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

So typical, right after submitting the post, the email finally turned up (about half an hour after requesting it). I managed to reset the password and it's working now.

Does anyone know how to view my account details so that I can check what my date of birth is set to?

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Login at appleid.apple.com and look in the "Password and Security" section.

Attached Files:

4. Nermal, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Thanks, the record is out by a day which makes me suspect a timezone-related bug. I'm at work now and can't update it because apparently the site doesn't like Firefox (it keeps thinking that I'm trying to change my password). So hopefully I can fix this when I get home.

Edit: I was able to update my DOB using Safari.

5. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

Had a similar issue yesterday. iTunes said my account was disabled for security reasons. Then, I tried to play a song I had downloaded on the same computer earlier in the day, iTunes reported that the song wasn't authorized on this computer. iTunes prompted for my Apple ID, and the email address field was populated with someone else's email... strange.