Itunes account question/ apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by quamsi, Dec 22, 2013.

1. quamsi macrumors regular

My first Apple product was a 1st gen Ipad Mini. I had this tablet for 9 days before it was stolen. This was about a year ago. During those nine days I accumulated a few paid apps in my app library. I did not replace the stolen tablet until now, where I have a new Air on it's way. I still have access to that itunes account. My question is whether or not I will have to repurchase those paid apps for my new Air. Does Apple require you to purchase apps every time you change devices?

Also, I have purchased a $20 Itunes card today and loaded it into my 1 yr old itunes account via my PC. Will this balance show when I log into Itunes from my new Air? Sorry if these questions seem silly, I am truly an IOS newbie.

Thanks in advance!

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

No you don't need to repurchase the apps. they are tied to your account, not your device.
    In the App Store there is a tab that is labeled "Purchased" this is where you cansee your past purchases and redownload them for free.

Yes the iTunes credit will show up on the air even though you added it to your account on the PC.