iTunes Account Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Snowman3459, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend is using my old iPhone 3G that I have her. I activated it through my account on itunes as well as put the majority of my apps on her phone.

She wants her own account now but my question is; will all of the apps on her phone be deleted if she makes her own account and syncs the phone with it?

Will it do anything at all?

2. iVoid macrumors 65816

She will need to make sure the computer she uses to sync is authorized for both itunes accounts. Then she can sync apps, music, videos for either account.

You can have up to 5 authorized computers.

3. celticpride678

No, but you need to make sure both accounts are authorized on that computer.

4. Snowman3459 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well her computer is broke and she won't be getting another any time soon so she just uses mine. Once she sets up an account on my computer, every thing will work fine?

5. iVoid macrumors 65816

Probably.

I'd copy your iTunes folder to her user directory so she starts with the same library to start with.

6. outphase macrumors 65816

You can in fact have multiple iTunes accounts on one iPhone. Even when updating, the app recognizes who bought the app and prompts you for the appropriate user's password