iTunes Account Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sheppy1, Jul 24, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Hi guys, quick question here, so my friend has £12 on his iTunes account and he wants to give it to me so that I can buy Apps, would I be able to sign into his account on my iPhone, download the Apps that I want and then just sign back into my account and go about my merry way or will I have problems doing this? Cheers

2. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

You could sign in his account and just gift them to yourself to be safe.

3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Thanks for the reply, it won't let us do that though because the £12 he has is iTunes store credit and on the gift App page it says that "iTunes Store Credit cannot be used to gift an app" :(

4. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

That sucks...but I have this feeling when you sync...wouldn't it remove the ones bought in his name? I could be wrong...it's worth a shot. :p

5. ptsube macrumors 6502

Just sign in to his account, then gift the apps that you want to your email.

6. tjwaggoner macrumors regular

Just have your friend give you the money???? Crazy idea I know

7. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

It might do, if I was to login to his account on my PC and then authorize his account would that work? or have I completely misunderstood the purpose of authorizing your PC?

8. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Eh? Basically he has £12 in his iTunes account which he put there using a £15 Itunes gift card, he no longer has an iPod so he wants to buy me £12 worth of apps in exchange for me giving him £6 cash

9. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Ok guys so I logged into his account on my iPhone, downloaded an app, synced my phone with my PC and the app remained on my phone which is good, it didn't get backed up to my iTunes but that isn't a problem really, what are the odds that this app will just stop working or something due to me not being singed into his account from now on?

10. ddoolin macrumors regular

ddoolin

That won't happen. I guess you're good to go. :)

11. ptsube macrumors 6502

Did you not even read my post? You ask for help, then ignore it.:confused:

12. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Yes I did, sorry, it won't work that way as you cannot use iTunes store credit to gift apps, the £12 he has is iTunes store credit which he has from redeeming a gift card

13. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Think I've got it sussed guys, I logged into his account on my PC, authorized my PC to work with his account and then all the apps I download from his account now on my iPhone get backed up to my PC, so thanks for everyones replies but it seems to be ok now, I just hope they don't just stop working in a few days

14. ptsube macrumors 6502

OK, sorry. That's pretty lame. I'm sure I gifted apps with credit before.

15. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I know, seems strange that they won't allow it, it just gave me the message about not being able to use store credit to gift apps and then told me to enter a new payment method