Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
NorCal
I'm sure this isn't the first time this has been asked, but my searches haven't found answers. I have had an iPhone 3, and now a 4; I am underwhelmed by the 4S, so my wife will take my 4, and I will go Android (Sammy Galaxy Skyrocket) until the iPhone 5 comes out - and the big bugs are ironed out.

1. Am I right in assuming that once AT&T sets my old 4 on her account, she can set up and sync to a new iTunes account with no effect on my iTunes account? Then she should be able to make whatever changes/additions she likes with no changes to my account.

2. How long will my iTunes account stay alive with no actions? Once I get the 5, I would like to be able to start from where two phones worth of experience has put me, and not have start from scratch trying to port stuff over from Android.

FWIW The major reasons why I will (probably) come back to the 5 are: The "wild west" nature of app store; I have already had a couple of problems. If you forget to silence your phone in a theater or wherever, you have to take the phone out, turn it on, swipe it, get to proper screen, and then silence it. That said, the phone itself is actually pretty good, and I have not found it to be a battery hog.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

x986

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
NorCal
Can anyone tell me how to get this thread/question moved to the main iPhone forum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.