iTunes Account.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Arien157, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Arien157 macrumors member

I made a iTunes account a long time ago with a yahoo email that I no longer used. I accidentally made a new account instead of adding my email to the one I was using. So am I going to have any issues with apps I've already download/ bought? What if I deleted the app then went to download it again. Will it recognize that I already bought it? Same with music with I have issues? Please feel free to fill me in with as much knowledge as you have on this subject.

2. ByronicHero macrumors newbie

Yes you will have issues, as you'll have purchased iTunes content on both accounts and any iOS device you have can only sync with one account. Here's a link for further information about multiple iTunes accounts:

http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/multipleaccounts/

Also, far as I know, even though you do not have access to that Yahoo e-mail any longer it still is used for your Apple ID. Meaning that you can log on to your Apple ID with that Yahoo address and change your contact e-mail to something you do have access to.

Since Apple cannot merge accounts, your best bet would be to try and log on to your old account and possibly get Apple to transfer some of your new purchases to it. That is if you have a lot more content on the old one than you do the new one.