itunes account

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
is there anyway to get an itunes account without haveing to give out a form of payment?

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
jkelly888 said:
is there anyway to get an itunes account without haveing to give out a form of payment?
I wondered about that myself since one can now receive downloads as gifts.

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
EricBrian said:
I wondered about that myself since one can now receive downloads as gifts.
so if someone gifted me a song, i can get an account with out a form of payment?

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
jkelly888 said:
so if someone gifted me a song, i can get an account with out a form of payment?
I don't know... Like I said, I wondered about that myself.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
yes you can as long as you if some kind of free song credits. So if you won songs on the pepsi promo for example you could create an account without a form of payment. I would assume it's the same for gift certificates.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
jkelly, send me your email in a private message and I'll gift you a song to see if it works.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Thanks Eric, I just got the song.

I was able to create an account without having to enter any billing information. That account can now be used to download the free songs, but if I try to buy a song it tells me to update my billing info. Thanks again for the song :).

betbest1

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2005
/dev/null
afroahmed, please send me a free song from the UK iTMS. I only have an account from the US iTMS. And I tried to send you a free song, but you need a credit card. Using an account created from a gift song, gift certificate, gift card or allowance doesn't work; gifts can't pay for more gifts.

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
killuminati said:

I was able to create an account without having to enter any billing information. That account can now be used to download the free songs, but if I try to buy a song it tells me to update my billing info. Thanks again for the song :).
how did you get it to work? i can't seem to get it to stop asking me for billing info

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
Hmm

I also wanted to download the free songs, but iTunes won't stop asking me for credit card info.
Can anyone gift me a song?
I can pay you on paypal the 99 cents. (My paypal is non credit card.)
If someone can help me I'd be grateful.
Thanks

(PS; do I have to make another iTunes account in order for this to work?)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
viperguy said:
I also wanted to download the free songs, but iTunes won't stop asking me for credit card info.
Can anyone gift me a song?
I can pay you on paypal the 99 cents. (My paypal is non credit card.)
If someone can help me I'd be grateful.
Thanks

(PS; do I have to make another iTunes account in order for this to work?)
Doesn't iTMS take PayPal?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
viperguy said:
You need a gift certificate or other "free song" code. You go to Redeem, then create an account when prompted. It won't ask for billing information. Once you've created the account, you'll be able to get the free weekly downloads.

Perhaps it'd be easier to borrow a credit card from a friend or parent. You can buy yourself a gift certificate, so that you don't have to keep borrowing the card on a song-by-song basis.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
Right, can anyone gift me a free song then?
Come on people, a free song.
Won't cost you even a penny...

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
viperguy said:
i don't think that its possible to give one of the free songs that itunes offers as a gift.

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
killuminati said:

Thanks for the info Killuminati. :)

EricBrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2005
viperguy said:
I tried that but it wouldn't work.

RETRoKEWL

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2006
I'd like to get an iTunes account and pay with paypal, but every time i click to auth. paypal to pay iTunes, it asks to add a credit card. Adding a card costs 1.95, why would i want to pay an aditional $2 for a $1 song? Is there a way around this?