iTunes accountS and profiles

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Derkatwork, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to check. Google didn't fully answer me. With an iTunes account, is it possible to have multiple users? I have acheivements on a game for example. My girlfriend wants the game too. We are thinking of sharing an account, but she wants to get acheivements and have a different profile than me. Possible?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, your GC account is tied to your Apple ID. If she wants her own achievements, she'll need to use her ID.

3. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

You can use the iTunes account for purchases and you can create a different Apple ID just for gaming. So, you can share the iTunes account by entering the apple ID information used for purchases under Settings/Store. Then create another Apple ID on the Apple website and use it to log in for gaming. That way, you can share the iTunes account for purchases and have separate gaming accounts at the same time. In fact, you both can have gaming accounts which means you'd have 3 Apple IDs. This is great when you have more kids than you have iPads. :)