iTunes accounts - HELP!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iRyann, Dec 11, 2008.

1. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

If this is in the wrong area please tell me and i'll move it. I'm guessing it will be in the right area seeing as iPod Touch's use iTunes...

I want to set up an iTunes account but need a Credit/Debit Card?
    Is there any way at all of making an iTunes account without using a Credit/Debit Card?
    I would appreciate any replies.

2. twig macrumors member

I think the only way to do it without a credit/debit card is to use an iTunes gift card. If you want an account only for free content, then buy the cheapest card you can find.

3. svndmvn Guest

you can have an account without any type of card.
    just try downloading a free app out of the app store section of the itunes store.
    it will ask your account info and then try to make an account, there will be an option of "none" payment.

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Actually ... I have an iTunes account and I didnt use any credit or debit card. I think you have to attempt to buy a free app in the App Store first (on iTunes) then it will give you the option of creating an account without a credit or debit card.

5. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

You don't need a credit card to set up an itunes account. Right next to where you choose visa/mastercard/etc is an option for none. Choose that and you dont have to enter a credit card. If that option isnt visible then you need to update to the latest version of itunes.

6. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

many thanks guys... worked fine. Unfourtunaly i can't close the thread.