itunes acount logged on, on ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Acronym, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

as the title states when i had an ipod touch, and i downloaded a few songs from itunes. After selling it to my friend i cannot figure out how to log him out of my itunes account.

any help would be great

2. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

anyone?

i have searched the forums and didnt find much

3. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i think it syncs from the account your iTunes has logged in because i never logged an account in on my Touch, and after i restored my Touch because it was acting up i still could download music on the Touch and it was in my account.

i could be wrong though...

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

the account you are currently logged in to in iTunes (while syncing) is the one that will show up on your iPod Touch/iPhone.

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    You wiped it clean and de-authorized it from your account in iTunes before you sold it, Right? No!?!?! :eek:

I would get it back and do that, he needs to set it up for use on his computer anyways. It can only sync with one computer. ;)

6. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

my friend cant access his ipod on his comp cause he doesnt have a 2.0 usb port so he does all his ipod song stuff on mine.

this means i have to log out of itunes account when he's over and wanting to use itunes?

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Yes, I would think that he could set up his own iTunes account (with his own credit card) on your computer if you're both comfortable with that.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Incorrect. If you have it set to manually manage music and videos you can sync with more than one. I myself sync my iPod touch with three different computers with no problems.

If it's set to automatically sync, connecting it to another computer will prompt iTunes to ask you if you want to replace what's on the iPod with what's on that computer rather than the one it's usually synced with.

9. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

he has no credit card

they are both set to manualy manage his computer doesnt want to read the ipod touch it knows something is connected to his computer it just doesnt know its an ipod touch.

10. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Ooops, my bad! :eek:

I can't believe I didn't see this before. :rolleyes:

(although in my defense, I only sync it with one Mac ;))

Attached Files:

11. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

so lets say i use that setting will that make it so he cant access my itunes account? how does this affect his ability to restore from a back up if his ipod touch dies? he can only do songs and pictures and crap using my computer cause his is too old.

and were both on PC's

12. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

No, that setting is what allows you to sync it with multiple computers like Ivan P said.

As for the no credit card situation, I believe you can set up an iTunes account with an iTunes gift card instead? Anybody?

Since I know absolutely zero about PC's, I'm going to step back and let somebody else help with the rest of your situation. :eek:

Good luck...

13. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Correct, as i got a touch for xmas and did this only the other day seeing as I'm waiting for a new CC to arrive ( you can add this later if so wish )

Edit, you don't even need a gift card to start with when you come to enter your payment details just put none and follow it from their

14. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You don't even need a gift card IIRC, when I first set up my iTunes account I had neither a credit card or gift card. When it came to the part where it asks for your payment details, I just left it blank. Worked fine for me.

Your friend won't be able to use your iTunes account even if that's the one that appears on the iPod, as when you buy something it asks for your password, and I'm sure your friend won't know your password.