iTunes Adds Playlist with "1" Suffix

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by johannarg, Jul 6, 2015.

1. johannarg macrumors member

I use iTunes on a Macbook Pro and my library files and music are stored on a NAS. I have a playlist called "iPhone 6" created to sync specific music to it from my library. For some reason, lately iTunes will create a playlist called "iPhone 6 1" and it will mess things up. For one, after syncing most of my music is missing on the iPhone and I have to resync about 4,500 songs again. Has this happened to someone as well? Thanks!

2. pjh macrumors regular

pjh

I had the same problem. My entire library (also 4,500 songs) disappeared and all my playlists were duplicated with _1. Very annoying.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but a fairly painless way to re-download all your songs is to create a single playlist with all you albums in it, then click "Make available off-line". It's the quickest way I've found.

Good Luck :)

3. johannarg thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply! It is annoying, can't figure out why it does that. I was not familiar with that option but all my music is stored locally on the iPhone, it seems "Make available offline" is an option for Apple Music members?