iTunes advice

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by DerekRod, Jan 4, 2014.

1. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Okay I have a few 100 songs associated with an applied that I have lost when apple migrated us old AOL account members over.My problem is these older songs won't play due to DRM/fairplay is there a way for me to find these songs associated with this appleID so I can delete them and redownload to remove the DRM?Ive tried smart playlists but it wasn't working.I don't wanna have to try and play every song to find them.

2. Rigby macrumors 601

Even if you found the old account credentials, you cannot simply re-download the old songs without DRM. You would need to subscribe to iTunes Match to upgrade them to the DRM-free format. See here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1711

To easily find all songs with DRM, just go into the list view in iTunes, enable the "Kind" column, and sort by kind (the DRM files are "Protected AAC" or similar).

3. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

I have iTunes match which is why I wanna find em thanks for the tip man

4. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

You can add a column called "Kind" in iTunes and the DRM protected files should show up as a "Protected" type of file.

Hope this helps,
    Pietro

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

That was awesome advice! Thank you! I never knew this and I have Match, and I have some DRM songs and never upgraded because I never wanted to pay. I just did this trick and now I have the updated songs :)

6. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

I'm glad I could help :)