iTunes after MacBook Pro sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tidu, Dec 7, 2007.

1. tidu macrumors newbie

I've got a MacBook Pro, with the latest version of tiger and iTunes. Whenever I have iTunes open and put the computer to sleep and open it again, iTunes won't play any music. I press the play button but nothing happens, until I quit and reopen it. Help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

If you pick another song , does it play that one? Or did you meant that with "press the play button"?

3. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem. After waking my MacBook from sleep, no song will play in iTunes until I quit and reload iTunes. This also sometimes happens when I merely pause a song - when I go to unpause it, it will not play until I quit and relaunch iTunes.

Any ideas?

4. tidu thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds like we have the same problem. A friend of mine has a Macbook and he's got it too. When I come back, I can't play anything, even by clicking on the song or by pressing play. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens enough to be a nuisance. Just thought there might be a fix out there.

5. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Might be worth checking apple discussion forums, or maybe there is a setting somewhere is OS X /iTunes.

6. karnsculpture macrumors member

I'm having the same problem with an iBook G4. Not had this issue before I installed Leopard. I am also having an issue that when I insert a CD, it is loaded into iTunes for a split second (I can see the track names) before it disappears and I have to eject and put the CD in again. Then it loads up fine. The two problems may be unrelated but both have started since I installed Leopard. I have since installed all updates but no improvement so far.

7. LassLisa macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problem. It'll be paused on a given song, either because I paused it or because I put the computer to sleep, and when I hit space to start it playing again it acts like I hit 'stop' rather than 'play'. Then space, return, double-clicking, clicking the play button, selecting 'Controls -> Play', none work on that or any other songs, and I have to quit and reopen iTunes.

I recently got a new MacBook Pro with Tiger and iTunes 7 on it, and it's having these problems, which I never had on my PowerBook G4 with Tiger and iTunes 7. Perhaps it was a recent 'update'?

8. karnsculpture macrumors member

I've found that since the last QuickTime and security updates the problem has gone away - but now Japanese characters don't display correctly on my iPod (but are fine in iTunes)! These things may be unrelated but I have made no other changes to my system so I can't think what else can explain things.

Paul

9. pconlin macrumors newbie

Not just on Macbooks

fyi,

I was looking for a solution to this myself but I am seeing the behaviour in Tunes on a PC. It is doubtful that this is related to Leopard. Seems more like an issue with iTunes.