iTunes, airport, macbook problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by donaldonald, Nov 29, 2007.

1. donaldonald macrumors newbie

Hi- Macbook 2.2ghz (new), Leopard, playing iTunes 7.5, over an airport express ("airtunes"). Airport firmware up to date, I'm fairly sure.

Library plays fine, from computer and out speakers via airport.
    Streaming radio plays fine over computer.
    Streaming radio WILL NOT PLAY over external speakers. Starts out fine, speed of music starts to freak out, then stalls completely.

Help?

Thanks!

2. hipwsp macrumors newbie

I have the same macbook, airport base station and that shoots a signal back to my airport express in my bedroom. It works great, once you finally get it going.

When I first got the express hooked up the macbook didn't recognize it. I called tech support these are basically the steps....

* Try to un-plug it and just let the express restart. if that doesn't fix it, you are going to have to reset the express.

* You will need a pen or a paper clip... there is a small reset button right where you plug in your stereo. Press the button and hold it until you see the light blink "4" times... I believe it blinks orange... it could be green, but I'm pretty sure it's orange.

* Next we took the express and plugged it right into the Ethernet connection on the macbook. I was then able to recognize it in the Airport finder, unplugged it a took it where it's at now. No problems.

I know this is not exactly the problem you are having but maybe it's a option for a fix you could try.

Also, sometime if I moved Macbook (across the room) I would lose the connection or something. And I have noticed plugging the computer up and not letting it run off the battery helped my signal. How far is the macbook from the express?

How that helps, Josh