Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Is there anyway to control the iTunes volume whenever iTunes is open with the Apple Remote? I use AirTunes, and I'd like to just have to use one remote rather than two (i.e. using my hi-fi remote for volume).

Ideally, whenever iTunes is open/active, when volume is adjusted on the Apple Remote, it will adjust iTunes. Whenever iTunes is closed/inactive (i.e. paused/stopped) then the Apple Remote will control the system output volume as it does by default.

felixfatfunk

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
London
Yes

;)Yes, Sofa Control just google and follow instructions. If on Leopard make sure you get the latest. Enable open on login. Used it on Tiger and Leopard for 18 months, brilliant. Worth paying the few quid for.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
I downloaded Sofa Control, but seems daft I have to code the actual functionality myself and pay them money for the framework?!

The iTunes script included doesn't seem to include the function I'm after, and I have no experience with Apple Script to code it.

Cheers for reply.

felixfatfunk

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
London
???

Well i set it up without any problems and i do exactly as you require. i.e. adjust volume with remote that controls the bar on itunes and thus the hi-fi via airport extreme, and not the volume on the computer as in 'Front Row'. I don't as a rule pay for apps, but in this case as i use my hi-fi via my laptop and imac, worth every penny. Somethings are good value when you add up the time that the product is being used.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
It does adjust iTunes volume, but it also adjusts the system volume at the same time. How do I prevent it from adjusting system volume?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.