Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
what do you guys use?
i was using aurora and it was really nice that it woke the computer from being turned off.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I use a real alarm clock, because my music never wakes me up. :)

However, I have tried Alarm Clock, and it works pretty well.
I need something I can accidently break by smacking the snooze button hard as I've done that before on a pretty well built one. :eek:

Otherwise I'd pony up for Aurora. Nice app for sure.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i'm using aurora 3.0 and it woke me up right on time with a new episode of bravescast (i can't use 4.0 since it's 10.5 only though). i'll tweak it the next few days to adjust it.

i think 3.0 is free though, could be wrong.

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
i just downloaded itaf and its....
i couldn't really get it to wake my computer but it does come with a manuel (one of the only things that does, maybe its a bad thing, as it may be hard to use).

i miss aurora
where did you guys get alarm clock?
ya free is the dankies
itaf is free but .... ya.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
The moment I move into my new room where my desk isn't directly underneath my bed I plan to start using Awaken. It has a sleep timer and can go full screen which will be nice to easily glance at the time when i wake up.

benlangdon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
The moment I move into my new room where my desk isn't directly underneath my bed I plan to start using Awaken. It has a sleep timer and can go full screen which will be nice to easily glance at the time when i wake up.

hmmm i was looking at this one too.
i am not down for the shareware though
ive moved from the mac page to macupdate for new ones as i have tried a couple now and they are the poopy

i am looking at
ialarm 2.02
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11593/ialarm#descContainer_link

and

itunes alarm 2.0
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22795/itunes-alarm

they both sound good maybe ill try both

forafireescape

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
NJ
i think i already tried that one.
o well ill try again.
i couldn't get itaf to play my music once it booted the computer.

so does alarm clock wake from sleep or boot up

It's not a bad one, especially for being free. It wakes from sleep but doesn't boot up.

kuruption

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2008
you can set in system preferences when you want your computer to start up each morning then get the application to open on startup so it then wakes you up by the alarm or whatever. go into energy saver then click schedule.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
I use a program just called Alarm Clock. It's simple and easy and it works. (And it's free.)

Yea this is a good program, and free. It has the easy wake feature which is pretty cool. I hate waking up though, worst prat of the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.