Itunes- Album Artowork, questions..

Kinkokoro

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Hey everyone!

I'm new to Itunes..How does Album artwork..work? Can it find the artwork for my already (have) songs NOT purchased through Itunes?

Thanks!

Josh

PygmySurfer

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Wellesley, ON
Hey everyone!

I'm new to Itunes..How does Album artwork..work? Can it find the artwork for my already (have) songs NOT purchased through Itunes?

Thanks!

Josh
Sure! Try Advanced/Get Album Artwork. It probably won't work for all of your music, but it should get a lot of it. Anything else you'd have to do manually (unless there's some other tool to fetch artwork - anyone know of any??)

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
If iTunes doesn't come up with anything, I've found that rateyourmusic.com (free registry required) has pretty much everything, and much of it is very good quality.

Kinkokoro

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Thanks everyone, you're all great.
How do I know if I get it or not? I slected "
Get Album artowork" something came up, I hit OKay. What's next?

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
I've started manually downloading and adding them. I get most from Amazon.com

The problem with letting iTunes add them is it adds them as a library item, rather than embedding them in the file.

I have a music server. Four computers with 4 copies of iTunes, each accessing the same music files, but each with their own library. If I add them manually, they're automatically there for every computer. If I add them through iTunes, I have to authorize each of those computers for iTunes purchases, and let iTunes add them all again.