Itunes- Album Artowork, questions..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kinkokoro, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Kinkokoro macrumors member

Hey everyone!

I'm new to Itunes..How does Album artwork..work? Can it find the artwork for my already (have) songs NOT purchased through Itunes?

Thanks!

Josh

2. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

Sure! Try Advanced/Get Album Artwork. It probably won't work for all of your music, but it should get a lot of it. Anything else you'd have to do manually (unless there's some other tool to fetch artwork - anyone know of any??)

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

If iTunes doesn't come up with anything, I've found that rateyourmusic.com (free registry required) has pretty much everything, and much of it is very good quality.

4. Kinkokoro thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, you're all great.
    How do I know if I get it or not? I slected "
    Get Album artowork" something came up, I hit OKay. What's next?

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It should automatically do it. If it can't find anything, it'll remain empty.

6. SirCrumpet macrumors regular

SirCrumpet

7. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I've started manually downloading and adding them. I get most from Amazon.com

The problem with letting iTunes add them is it adds them as a library item, rather than embedding them in the file.

I have a music server. Four computers with 4 copies of iTunes, each accessing the same music files, but each with their own library. If I add them manually, they're automatically there for every computer. If I add them through iTunes, I have to authorize each of those computers for iTunes purchases, and let iTunes add them all again.