iTunes Album Artwork anomaly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iRevilo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. iRevilo macrumors newbie

I have an account in the U.S. iTunes Store and I use it to "Get Album Artwork". However, I've noticed that:
    1) Album art it used to get before doesn't get fetched any more (since iTunes doesn't put the AA in the file itself, it's lost now, happened to me with "Kiss - Best Kissology")
    2) Often the album and the artwork is in the iTunes Store, but won't get fetched (yes, I have the Album Name, Album Artist, Artist and even Genre in my files' ID3 tags)
    3) Sometimes the artwork in the iTunes Store differs from the ones I get from fetching them (such as "Pink Floyd - Darkest Side of the Moon")
    4) Often the album isn't in the iTunes Store, but the art still gets fetched. That's cool though.

So could anyone explain why do the first three happen and if there is anything I could do to fix this (probably not)?

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. DarkRyan323i macrumors member

good find!

5. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

I'm extremely fussy about album art so I recommend:

• Embed all your album art to the files. Use the 'embed artwork' script from DougsScripts.com to automate this. In the eventuality your iTunes Album Artwork library gets corrupted, you only need to delete the album artwork folder and restart iTunes to rebuild it. As long as you don't lose the AAC/MP3s themselves, you won't lose the artwork. Plus the artwork is as portable as the music itself.
    • Check out CoverScout by Equinux, a nice program to not only search for covers from various sources, it allows you to edit the covers within the app and is as simple as a drag and drop to update an album with the cover. Again, embedding the artwork within the music file.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Apparently so long as the album art you need isn't at all obscure. I got zero results on the album art I've been trying to find.