iTunes albums option?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jrsx, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

So I have an older version of iTunes that I use, and I have two albums uploaded. How do I get iTunes to put them in separate albums so I can just click on the album and it will start playing the first song? Right now all the songs are mingled into one big playlist. I don't want separate folders, but in the Library I want to be able to see the album art and to be able to just click on the album. Thanks!
    iTunes v.4.8 (31)

2. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Did you import them from a CD? I can't remember how it looks once it imports everything but IIRC it keeps the albums separate. And you can sort them by track number.

I'm not sure what we're missing. What do you mean by separate folders? Do you mean in Finder?

3. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

I uploaded both from cd. What I mean is, iTunes usually sorts the songs into their own album, and in the library it shows the album covers and names, and when you click on them, they begin to play the first song. However, my songs are all on one playlist in the library, and no albums appear. Newer iTunes needed? I couldn't find out how to update anywhere...

4. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

Ok, I've figured it out: I just needed to get iTunes 9 from Apple.com. I guess the older iTunes just don't have the album option....

5. gooser macrumors 6502

when itunes is open click on view up at the very top and click browser and show browser.