itunes alternative

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thedudester12, Aug 24, 2011.

1. thedudester12 macrumors newbie

so after a a few years of complaining about how restrictive, ugly, uniform and bulky itunes is i have finally decided to look for an alternative but it seems they are all for windows, which is a problem for someone that has a macbook pro. . .

as i am sick of itunes i don't want people posting things trying to tell me that itunes is the greatest and blah blah blah because those are opinions that i obviously don't share so please don't waste my time by trying to sale me a pitch that i have already heard, tried and hated.

i need something simple and small that will play my music and videos, sync my ipod touch 2g, have some kind of customizable interface (not required buy highly preferred), and let me manually manage more than five devices without making clones by forcing me to sync everything i plug in before i can even view it

i also think that charging money for software is disgusting and criminal so it has to be free

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Foobar2000 is supposedly great. It covers everything you listed too.

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Hey boss.king, you wouldn't happen to have the background in your iPhone icon, would you?

4. thedudester12 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry there dude but foobar doesn't cover anything listed because its for windows. . . could you possibly try READING a post next time before answering? i obviously said i needed it for a macbook pro :mad:

5. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Wow. So I suppose that by extension you also think that software engineers should work for free. What do you do for a living? Would you do it for free? Geesh...

And do you want to try chilling out, perhaps? Being rude doesn't really get you very far when people are trying to help you. You acting as if someone just wasted your time after you asked for *free* advice on a forum.

Songbird is an iTunes alternative that's available on the Mac. Now, I'm not 100% sure if it will handle multiple "iDevices" without cloning like in iTunes, but I'd give it a try. And don't worry, it's free.