iTunes Alternatives

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by L4Leonard, Mar 3, 2012.

1. L4Leonard macrumors regular

L4Leonard

As soon as i realize that i have to start iTunes for listening to one of my new albums it feels like i get my life sucked out of me. Albums splitting up in over 9000 pieces just because the album contains more than one artist is one of those thing that just wanna make me cut my eyes out with a sharp knife. So thats why im now turning to you:

Is there any good alternatives to iTunes for Mac OS X (10.8) out there?

2. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

3. tug macrumors 6502

nice, but out of all listed i think that 'vox' outshines all the audio players for mac. I've tried em' all and always go back to 'vox'.

don't know if its ready for 10.8 though.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iTunes uses 4 fields to determine which albums sort together:
    • Album
    • Album Artist
    • Sort Album
    • Sort Album Artist
    As long as all tracks have matching information in those tags, the album will sort together. So for albums with various artists, put the individual artist name in the Artist field, and put "Various Artists" in the Album Artist and Sort Album Artist fields. The album will sort together. If it doesn't immediately, remove the album from your library and re-add it.

5. tshrimp, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I am glad I found this post. I just got my 1st Mac a couple of weeks ago. I have used iTunes on the PC, but left it quickly. I was told it was better on the Mac, but the difference was slight. It is good to know that there are other alternatives. I will give some of the ones listed in the link from colshine in hopes to get my sanity back :)

Edit:
    My keyboard controls my music now. I hit play on the keyboard and iTunes starts playing. I can also go to the next song, etc from the keyboard. I kind of like that. Do any of the alternatives allow control via keyboard like iTunes. Thanks