iTunes always asks permission to allow or deny connections.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mattg3, Mar 1, 2013.

1. mattg3 macrumors 6502

Im not updating to new itunes and now i keep getting asked if Itunes should be allowed or denied connections.Happens every time i open itunes.I read on forum that to get rid of this you have to trash current Itunes and download newest version.Is this Apple way of getting holdouts to download itunes 11?

2. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

3. MFL2012 macrumors member

I had this happen even after going to iTunes11, so I don't think it's a conspiracy to make you switch. The newest version(11.0.2) has fixed the problem so far.

4. Mike MA macrumors 65816

Mike MA

5. LPZ macrumors 65816

6. mattg3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all replies.It just seems like a lot of scary fixes for something that is obviously an apple glitch and they should send an update fix.Mine just started but my computer is four years old and i have not updated Itunes so why the hell would this just all of a sudden start up?Apple is ignoring an obvious system fault.

7. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

It's fixed!!!!

iTunes 11.0.2(26). I just updated and it no longer asks, even with the firewall on.

8. mattg3 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I guess I was right in my thinking.If you update to Itunes 11 you get rid of this issue.If you choose to stay with old Itunes you are stuck with the issue.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've never seen this issue and I'm still using 10.7 on both of my machines. Please attach a screenshot of the message; it may not actually be generated by iTunes.

10. Spikeywan macrumors 6502

Well, it depends on bow you look at it. Had you updated to the latest iTunes yesterday, it wouldn't have helped. I was already on the latest iTunes 11, I only bought the machine in December.

I literally got the notification that an update was available this morning.