iTunes always leaves one app update available

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jsm4182, Sep 6, 2011.

1. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

iTunes recently started doing this to me.

I'll have a bunch of app updates available, I'll click download all free updates, it will download all the updates but will still list one of them as available. Even if I keep downloading the update it will trash the one that was just downloaded and re download the update. The next time I have a bunch of updates available it will do the same thing but with a different app.

Anyone else having an issue like this?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Sometimes it shows an update is available, but the update itself has not been pushed out to the server. It can take up to a couple hours after it says there is an update before you can download the update itself.

3. jsm4182 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply Mlrollin91

Now that I look more closely I see that the file that keeps geting trashed and redownloaded every time I click update is an old version, not the updated version it says is available.

4. fhaddad macrumors newbie

hi

just wanted to attract your attention to some point. If you had an iTunes account before and you downloaded one application and then you dumped the old account and made a new account and downloaded even the same applications then you will find that the old application downloaded on the old account will have updates but you will never update it or see it in the updates list until you logout from your account and login into the new accout