iTunes ALWAYS re-opens

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
pretty simple thread title eh?

well the problem is since ive updated to 7.0 and 7.0.1 that every time I quit iTunes that it reopens.

whether i hit apple + Q or go to the menu bar and choose quit, it will always quit and then re-open which is really annoying.

the only way it doesn't re-open is if i do a force quit which i dont want to have to do every time.

any ideas, ive tried repair permissions and re-installing iTunes.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
Do you have an iPod plugged in, which has the preference to open iTunes every time it is attached to the computer checked?

Just an idea.

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
XIII said:
Do you have an iPod plugged in, which has the preference to open iTunes every time it is attached to the computer checked?

Just an idea.
I definitely do not have that option selected, but good idea anyways to check.

Applespider said:
Got the iTunes widget open?
nadda, no iTunes widget either

:confused:

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I had that problem once; I restarted and no more problem. Have you rebooted since?

Cassie said:
Just downgrade
Not helpful. iTunes 7 has a lot of new features some people want to actually use.

ehayut

Suspended
Jun 29, 2005
I had this problem (Win XP, iTunes 5 or 6) for awhile and it was driving me crazy. Eventually, my computer needed a reformat for other reasons, and since I reformatted, the iTunes problem hasn't come back

DeFett

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Australia
buryyourbrideau said:
pretty simple thread title eh?

well the problem is since ive updated to 7.0 and 7.0.1 that every time I quit iTunes that it reopens.

whether i hit apple + Q or go to the menu bar and choose quit, it will always quit and then re-open which is really annoying.

the only way it doesn't re-open is if i do a force quit which i dont want to have to do every time.

any ideas, ive tried repair permissions and re-installing iTunes.
I had this problem as well. It seemed to come out of the blue as I had iTunes 7.0.1 for a while before it started to happen.

It stopped after I repaired permissions which you have done already so I can't really help, sorry.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
I have this problem occasionally, i think it's SizzlingKeys related. Do you have that, or some other itunes-controller app installed?