iTunes "An iPhone has been previously synced with this computer" wtf?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Donz0r, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I have a jailbroken 3GS and it's been running perfectly since I've had it. Today, I synced it to update some podcasts and add an app that I downloaded - all was fine.

Then later I plugged the iPhone in and got the "Setup Your iPhone" screen saying "An iPhone has been previously synced with this computer."

Yeah, no ****.. This exact iPhone! I have never synced any other devices with this computer or changed anything it just came up randomly and won't go away!

Is there any way to fix this without restoring?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You tried restarting both iphone and computer?
    You dont need to restore if you dont want to.
    Is it asking you to setup as new phone or restore from backup type of thing?
    weird

3. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I've restarted both and reinstalled iTunes.

Yeah it's asking to set up as new or restore from backup.

I really don't want to restore because I have a bunch of cydia apps and stuff installed- it would just be a pain.

4. Ey35train macrumors newbie

Been there, done that!

I had the same problem with my iTunes, but when I ran the restore all of the Cydia and Rock apps were still present. Even though I have upgrades disabled in iTunes, I was nervous that I would get a message saying I would have to upgrade to 4.0.2 first and lose my jailbreak. Before I ran the restore I took a gamble on a suggestion from spamdumpster titled, "Teeny tweak to prevent "oops" upgrade to 4.0.2". iTunes now thinks I have the most current software 4.0.2 even though it's 4.0. Good luck!