itunes and 2 computers help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dingo Dave 69, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

Ok I have a PC and a macbook. I can login to itunes fine on both and can buy music on either, If I buy something on my mac though how can I get it on my windows pc and vice versa? Do I have to buy the same track twice to do this or is there an easier way?

2. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

You should transfer the files you want the same way you would transfer any other files. Just put the music you buy on one computer onto a flash drive, for example, and then copy it into the itunes library of the other. The second computer will already be authorized to play it so it should play without any problems.

An even easier way is just to use file sharing over your local network. Just to be absolutely clear, there is no difference between the files a mac or a pc downloads from itunes, they will play on either just fine.

3. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it would let me copy it over in that way or if I could somehow download it a second time for free.

Thanks for the help :)