ITUNES and Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by inkdrop, Jun 11, 2011.

1. inkdrop, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

inkdrop macrumors newbie

Itunes and apple are thieves!!!! They say they cant tell where a fraudulent charge from our credit card has went? WHAT!!! They take the money but don't know where it goes? IMPOSIBLE!!!!
    They also claim that Itunes is not part of Apple.

I see it this way if they continue to let this happen after numerous calls from us then they are guilty of theft also, because they keep taking the money....

here is a example of he side stepping we are getting. It is from a email they sent,.
    "This is John with the iTunes Store Support team, and I'll be handling your case for now. I understand that you are contacting us today regarding an unauthorized charge originating from the iTunes Store. I do apologize for any frustration this may have caused you, and I will do all that I can to help you with this matter.

Since I could not find an account under your name or email address, I urge you to contact your card issuer as soon as possible to inquire about canceling the card or account and removing the unauthorized transactions. You should also ask them to launch an investigation into the security of your account. Under the circumstances the iTunes Store cannot reverse the charges for those purchases without charge back orders from your card issuer.

If you suspect you are the victim of identity theft, consider following these recommendations:

- Contact the fraud departments of any consumer reporting company to place a fraud alert on your credit report.

- Close the accounts that you believe have been used without your knowledge.

I'm sorry I was unable to offer you further assistance, but I trust that your financial institution will be able to provide you with a satisfactory resolution. Thanks again for contacting iTunes Store Support, and take care."

Second email: Quote
    Firstly, I do apologize for any frustration that this issue may have caused you thus far, and I can assure you that I'm doing everything I can to assist you. However, when searching our systems for the name or the email address .. no account comes up. If we can't find an account, we can't take further action, which is why I directed you to your financial institution. They will be able to launch an investigation and contact us if necessary, so the best way to handle this would be to issue a fraud report with them.

Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this is the best information that I can provide you with.

Sincerely,

John R.
    iTunes Store Customer Support
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

Telling us on the phone there is nothing they can do!!!!!
    Im sorry but I own a business my self and I would never side step a issue with a CREDIT CARD.

Keep stealing from us , go ahead.

So how honest is that ? APPLE do you really need to steal our money?

2. chr macrumors regular

It sounds like you're borderline illiterate and quite rude. Have you considered maybe contacting your bank like they suggested? Apple runs a business that generates more than 20 billion dollars a year in profit, do you really think they would be stealing money from you?

3. jas1973 macrumors 6502

any fraudulent credit card charges i have ever incurred, i have always gone through the credit card company. not the retailer.. the retailer doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. and if they did create the fraud using your itunes account then how is apple responsible for it. call you credit card company and they will get your money back from apple or itunes

4. boss.king, Jun 11, 2011

boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

1. Apple will not read this, so there's really no point in posting this here.
    2. It seems you are a victim of credit card fraud, not of theft by Apple.

5. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Don't take this the wrong way, but if someone called you up and gave you a similar story and you didn't have any record of their account...what would you do?

I'm not saying you don't have an account, but that is where you need to focus your energy...identifying with Apple, your account.

If the name and email address you provided above is from the thief, then Apple is absolutely right. You need to contact your Credit Card company and reverse the charges.

All major credit cards offer purchase protection. If you call them up, they will cancel those charges and issue the money back to you with very little questions asked. Then have them send you new cards with new numbers. By doing this, iTunes will not be receiving any money from your card.

This is what the gentlemen is trying to explain to you.

Hope it all works out.

6. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Im not sure i fully understand, someone used your itunes account and billed you? or did you see a charge on your credit card form someone elses itunes account?

if it is the first itunes/apple should be looking into this
    the second would be up to you to take care of with your credit card company.

7. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Contact your credit card company. That's generally what you do in such a situation.

ps: do you really think Apple went out of its way to "steal" from you?

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So someone is using your account illegally and so you contact Apple to complain about fraud, but when they say they can't help you based on the information you provided, you thought the next best thing would be to go to an open forum and post your First and Last name with your email address that is associated with your iTunes account that is being hacked and not contact your bank,

Let us know how this works out for you.

9. LapsangSouchong, Jun 11, 2011

LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Oh sweet Jesus I didn't even notice that.
    from which we easily get your website, which has your phone numbers (multiple) and your address.

10. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

wow i didn't catch that either.

you should edit that out.

11. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Opening up my BruteForce program now.... :D

12. boss.king, Jun 11, 2011

boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Lol I saw that, googled it and found that site. Based on how freely she shares her details, I wouldnt be surprised if this was a case of fraud

13. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I ultimately edited the website out, in case she decides to be smart, and edit her name and email out (and contact her credit card company).

14. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

Yeah you shouldn't ever mix a business email with a personal iTunes account.

OP, I know customer service reps can sometimes sound patronizing, but Apple's customer care is really quite good, and they are trying to help you. Do what he suggests and contact your Credit Card company and have them help you.

15. spades1412 macrumors 6502

If they cannot find your account, what are they supposed to do? If you have charges to itunes without an account, your next step would be to contact your bank. Seems pretty simple to me.

16. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I wonder if OP is really some one else trying to make who ever owns that website look bad?

Seems almost tailored to be flame bait and then giving out info that people can easily trace back to find even more info...

Seems too almost perfectly stupid that I'd almost wonder if it wasn't on purpose...

17. inkdrop thread starter macrumors newbie

um duh wtf, don't reply if you think we did not already take care of our side .
    S.T.F.U. if you don't have any help. We are doing this in several places and on many different levels.

Our point is there side stepping without even trying to help us prosecute the person who did this. They wont even try to see where the money went. so they take it and dont care.

Now your big fancy APPLE people are a rip off .
    :mad:

18. pugnut macrumors 6502a

You beef is with the card issuer, not Apple. Also Apple can not prosecute anyone, it would have to come from the credit card company as they are the ones that fraud was committed against. You simply need to contact the credit card company, prove you did not make the charges and you will owe nothing. If they want to go after the person they will work with Apple to get the information. You should have nothing to do but call the card company.

19. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

You really don't know how financial services work, do you OP?

You think Apple is taking money from you?

You admit you don't have an iTunes account, and Apple cannot find record of you on their system.

Someone obtained, and used, your Credit Card information.

Contact your bank (if it's a bank credit card) or card company and cancel the cards and demand they check their records. While you moan on here your detains could be getting used elsewhere.

Your card is protected against online fraud and you would be refunded by the card issuer.

20. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

It's not their responsibility to manage your credit card. Apple isn't side stepping anything, they're following the correct legal procedure. You're aggressive and offensive attitude wont help you here either, just be polite and people will be more receptive to what you have to say. Apple is not out to get you, I'm sure it will all be sorted out.

Last piece of advice, don't post your details on forums if you don't need to. A few google searches can turn up a lot of things about a person.

21. openendstraight macrumors regular

openendstraight

Go to iTunes store and check your purchase history, if it doesn't show there, that means it was not purchased on your account. It also supports what iTunes is telling you. They are saying if you did not purchase under your iTunes account, then someone else used your credit card number to purchase it without your permission.

Just an FYI, it is easier to go through your credit card issuer than the retailer.

22. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Example:

If someone obtained your credit card and bought a PlayStation 3 online at Amazon.com, who would you hold responsible?

Sony for selling a "stolen" PS3?

Amazon for distributing a "stolen" PS3?

You'd contact the card issuer and get a refund for goods you didn't buy because it was online fraud!

23. macingman, Jun 11, 2011

macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I am sorry but you are doing this completly the wrong way. Contact your bank and they will refund the money back to you and give you a new card to stop the problem. YOUR NOT LISTENING. Plus you don't even have an iTunes account according to the email from apple.

And I laugh at the fact you think they are going to prosecute the guy who did it. It's probably some hacker in a country you've never heard of which has been doing it 20 years.

24. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

It's probably one of her employees.

25. EddyP macrumors 6502

Just dispute the charges with your credit card company. Then Apple will have to demonstrate it is a legitimate charge.

This isn't rocket science.