iTunes and classic ipod

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sotorious, Oct 18, 2011.

1. sotorious macrumors 6502a

Ok, here is my delimah i have an old ipod with some old music on it and a lot of memory, I don think you are able to get those songs from the ipod back onto the computer so, what i want to do now is keep loading that other ipod with music.

Well here it is now when i try to sync all my music now with the older ipod its wanting me to swipe my whole ipod before i do that? What gives? i dont think ive ever had a smooth experience with itunes ever.

2. simsaladimbamba

Use DeTune to get the contents of the iPod to one of your local HDDs (internal or external), then you can wipe the iPod and synch with it again.

3. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh ok sweet this program here allows you to take everything off of the ipod? Since you are suggesting i guess its a trusted source as in youve used it before?

4. simsaladimbamba

Yes, it does what it describes, and I have used the predecessor exPod to successfully retrieve music from my iPod, thus I trust DeTune.

5. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is this only for the mac? or can this work on windows as well? Is there an application that does it on windows?

6. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. simsaladimbamba

8. sotorious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it said on the website things they would never do and it said be for windows that it is a mac program...

9. simsaladimbamba

But in my last post (the one above yours) I linked you to alternatives, which work in Windows. I also added the search I used to find that site. Thus I am not sure what you are talking about, unless you talk about DeTune, which is not the point of that last post I made.