Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I am following this tutorial:
http://findtut.com/easy-steps-to-downgrade-from-ios-4-to-ios-3-1-3-536547

And when I am trying to hit Alt+Restore, itunes doesn't respond. Is there a problem with itunes 9.2 and restore? Should I downgrade itunes as well?

alt-restore?

iphone 3g.

I did see that thread but, he seemed more unsure than, well, sure.
So, I was making a thread to see if there is an actual connection between the itunes version and restore.

(btw I have been googling and nothing is showing results)

I just did a goolge search as well and found the info your looking for...

Zachary C.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
alt-restore?
I guess? That's what the tutorial was asking for
I just did a goolge search as well and found the info your looking for...

Everyone keeps saying to just reinstall itunes, that isn't working. And if you found further information, why not post a link?
I feel we will continue running in circles if we withhold information from each other and just say "search it"

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
That guide doesn't say hold alt and click restore..

Edit: Unless your on a mac in which case that isn't referred to as an alt key to by most people...

Zachary C.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
That guide doesn't say hold alt and click restore..

Edit: Unless your on a mac in which case that isn't referred to as an alt key to by most people...

I agree.
Hold Shift -> click the Restore button on Windows computers.
Hold Option and click restore in Macs.

I'm sorry, I recently switched to a macbook and I referred to the option key as "alt" since the key says "alt" and "option" on it.

"(if you’re on OS X, Alt/Opt+Click)"
That's the thing I was having a problem with before. I would alt/option and click but it wouldn't pop up. Its on step 3.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
I'm sorry, I recently switched to a macbook and I referred to the option key as "alt" since the key says "alt" and "option" on it.

"(if you’re on OS X, Alt/Opt+Click)"
That's the thing I was having a problem with before. I would alt/option and click but it wouldn't pop up. Its on step 3.

Since you didn't give that information in the OP it was safe to assume you where on windows. So I assume your in DFU mode (black screen on the phone) and it has detected your phone?

Zachary C.

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Since you didn't give that information in the OP it was safe to assume you where on windows. So I assume your in DFU mode (black screen on the phone) and it has detected your phone?

I wasn't irritated, I was just clarifying. ;)

Yes, I am in DFU mode and itunes does detect it. It notified me it was in recovery mode blah blah blah.

I gave up on itunes 9.2 and downgraded it to 9.1 to see if it would be any better. So far, no luck. I am going to go as far as 8.0 to see if it is the itunes or what. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.