iTunes and HBO.. Where is it!?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mtfield, Feb 4, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

So I think that the itunes store is growing to become a dominant force in the distribution of video content. I've heard rumors that Apple and NBC will most likely be coming back together in the near future, which will mean the itunes store will contain the majority of shows that are available on cable.. My question is; Where the hell is the HBO section! I've read old post that they began talks to get that up and running several years ago, but now it's 2008 and I still can't download the Entourage Episodes I want! Does anyone have any information on that front? If the iTunes stores maintains it's steady growth, then within several months it's likely that I think I'll dumb my overpriced cable package all together and just buy an apple TV and get my entertainment through that route. Anyone else doing this or thinking of doing this? If so how has it worked out for you? Or if not, what's holding you back?

2. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Recent news stories indicate that HBO is offering full online access to their shows to subscribers only, and the media player only works on Windows.

This is obviously a value add for their subscriber base I would think they could also make some money on iTunes and still maintain the subscriber goodness.